Research, development and technical objectives to be achieved within the project scope and addressing JTI-CS2-2017-CFP06-AIR-01-26 main objectives may be summarised as:
- Experimental validation of different stiffener run-out configurations as a result of testing 6 general and 4 optimized configurations.
- Analysis of failure criteria based on results of the first experimental campaign. Therefore, generation of a prediction tool and methodology for the optimization of stiffener run-out. Finally, this objective will improve the reliability of optimization processes in stiffener run-out design.
- Up-scaling of the methodology developed for multi-stiffener panels’ optimization. Thus, the weight reduction expected for optimized multi stiffened panel is around 10%. Similar percentages apply to lead time improvement and cost reductions.
- Stiffener run-out design optimization using the methodology developed. Expectations about increasing run-out optimized configurations performance are around 20% higher.
- Demonstration of the methodology by experimental testing of optimized solutions and multi-stiffener panel to correlate results with predictions. Expectations of improving demonstration lead time and cost reduction raise to up to 50% because of using this methodology. This improvement is directly related to the lower number of configurations tested to validate a design with the new methodology.
This project has received funding from the Clean Sky 2 Joint Undertaking under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 785463. The contents appearing in this web site reflect only the author’s view and the Clean Sky 2 JU is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.